Fun, Flexible, Rewarding!
Q: How can a Mason student earn some extra cash?
A: Become a Mason Messenger! Help Mason raise money by calling alumni and parents across the country.
What does a Mason Messenger do?
Mason Messengers are student callers who contact alumni and parents to:
- Build and rebuild relationships between the university and its constituents.
- Increase private support for George Mason University.
- Educate supporters about university events, improvements and needs.
Monies raised helps student scholarships, library resources, faculty recruitment, and research efforts.
Why should you become a Mason Messenger?
- Starting salary is $9.00/hour.
- Bonuses/incentives based on performance.
- Professional training for marketing, sales, and public relations.
- Resume builder.
- Flexible schedule: We are open seven days a week and you get to create your own schedule!
- Conveniently located on campus.
- Develop your networking skills.
- Room for advancement in the Phonathon program: student callers have the potential to become student supervisors!
Are you interested in getting paid to help Mason?
The Mason Messenger Phonathon campaign offers three positions to students: student caller, call leader, head call leader. Click here to apply.
The caller’s primary duty is to contact Mason alumni and parents to solicit for donations to the Annual Fund. Callers are responsible for working five shifts in a two-week work period. Must have employee qualities: responsible, diligent, punctual and professional. Callers Responsibilities for each phone conversation:
- Update contact information (address, e-mail and employer information).
- Educate prospect on university happenings.
- Ask the prospect to donate towards the university.
- Speak in a positive and cheerful tone.
This managerial position is exclusive to students who have at least one year of experience as a student caller. There are a wide range of duties associated with this position, including:
- Motivate, encourage, and praise/critique student callers
- Monitor caller’s phone conversations and continuously provide feedback/suggestions to improve callers’ performance.
- Serve on the Evaluations, Event Planning, or Games/Incentives committees.
- Keep an accurate record of all student callers during each shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized calling environment.
- Send correspondence via e-mail to assistant director of annual giving after the completion of each shift.
- Prepare calling shift 30 minutes to an hour prior to the beginning of the shift.
If you are interested in applying for the position of call leader, please fill out this form and return to the assistant director of the Call Center.
Head Call Leader
This position is exclusive to students who have at least one year experience as a student supervisor and will be selected by the assistant director.
You Make A Better Mason
Your support is essential in building a strong future for George Mason University. While gifts to all areas of the university are needed and welcomed, there are a few areas where you as a donor can make a significant and immediate impact:
- Scholarship support for Mason students
- Faculty and staff excellence
- Maintaining and creating outstanding facilities
When you click below, you can designate your gift to the area that is most meaningful to you. Thank you for Supporting Mason!