INCLUDING GEORGE MASON IN YOUR ESTATE PLANS
Legacy gifts represent sustainability for key academic and research programs as well as scholarship funds to help attract and retain students. These gifts provide benefits to future generations of Mason students‐‐and to you and your heirs.
Being a member of the Legacy Society indicates that you believe in this proud heritage of innovation and excellence. The Society recognizes those donors who make qualifying gifts, such as bequests, trusts, and annuities, with a listing in a special section of the university’s annual Honor Roll of Donors, copies of our newsletter, special event invitations, and more.
Mason’s Legacy Society members have extraordinary foresight. To join, contact our planned giving staff today about your estate plans.
MAKING A LEGACY GIFT
There are several ways to make a gift through your estate plans:
- You can make a gift of cash, securities, real estate, or other property directly to Mason.
- You can designate Mason a specific percentage of your estate.
- You can designate Mason as full or partial beneficiary to your retirement plan or life insurance policy.
- You can designate Mason as the beneficiary of all or part of the remainder of your estate or trust after the payment of estate related expenses and other bequests.
- You can establish a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust with Mason.
- You can designate Mason as the full or partial beneficiary of an annuity or trust you have established.
If you wish to document your bequest intention at this time and become a member of the Legacy Society at George Mason University, please complete the on-line form below. We also offer a Bequest Notification Form which can be mailed or faxed to our office. For more detailed information on including Mason in your estate plans, please contact:
Director of Planned Giving
Office of University Development & Alumni Affairs
4400 University Drive, MS 1A3
Fairfax, VA 22030
CONFIDENTIAL BEQUEST INTENTION FORM
You Make A Better Mason
Your support is essential in building a strong future for George Mason University. While gifts to all areas of the university are needed and welcomed, there are a few areas where you as a donor can make a significant and immediate impact:
- Scholarship support for Mason students
- Faculty and staff excellence
- Maintaining and creating outstanding facilities
When you click below, you can designate your gift to the area that is most meaningful to you. Thank you for Supporting Mason!